Thursday, August 19, 2010

OSTRICH BOYS by Keith Gray

This book is about 3 boys (Sim, Blake and Kenny) who go and decide they want to give their best friend, Ross, the funeral he deserves. They steal his ashes, catch a train, and are now on their way to Ross, in Scotland. On their way they lose the bus tickets and money, go race motor bikes and go bungee jumping. As the book progresses they begin to cope with the loss of their friend and the emotions they've been hiding.

I didn't really gain much from the book. The plot did bother me, I just couldn't get into the book. The information that could be helpful to other teens is that they can get through the loss of a loved one and you can't run and hide from your feelings.

I felt it was a difficult book to get into, and the British language through me off a bit.

Recommended for grades 11-12.


KH in Greenville

No comments:

Post a Comment