Wednesday, July 14, 2010

CHEW ON THIS: EVERYTHING YOU DON'T WANT TO KNOW ABOUT FAST FOOD by Eric Schlosser

This book takes you back to the very beginning of the fast food world talking about Ray Kroc and many of the other fast food pioneers who made the fast food world what it is today. This book also talks about certain things that go into your food which you would be shocked about, and the treatment of the animals in slaughter houses. This book also gave true life experiences from people who ate to much fast food.

The most valuable thing I gained from reading this book was all the new knowledge I have on the fast food industry. I now know what's in my beef and poultry and how they treat those animals, also how the fast food world started. For example, I now know that the hamburger was created by a 15 year old boy named Charlie Nagreen.

I would absolutely recommend this book to a friend. This book is jammed packed with interesting and important facts about the food we eat today. It also explains how the animals are treated and what their fed, also who the inventors and pioneers are of the biggest fast food chains we know today. This book was very interesting and I couldn't stop reading it.

Recommended for all teens and adults.



KH in Greenville

No comments:

Post a Comment